AWST Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On a more realistic note.txt

2 posters

Go down

On a more realistic note.txt Empty On a more realistic note.txt

Post  Zinc Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:50 am

So, here we list potential ideas for a SHORT VN.
It probably needs to be quite a simple and original one, because trust me, even ideas that are supposed to be quick become a lot more complicated once you start exploring the execution (Seeing as how I'm still working on that 'short' vn - admittedly both me and my coworker lost motivation on that as well for a bit, but it's pretty much back to work on it now.)

Yeah.

Ideas off the top of my head:

-Something similar to OMGWTFOTL (Easily doable, but I doubt it would gather much prestige)

-A plot similar to that of Crimsoness, maybe? (Loli gets power and goes around wrecking stuff)

-Something tongue-in-cheek with magical girls that suddenly becomes DEEP at the end

-Linear romance VN with Zombie-tan (Or perhaps one route for each remaining writer?)

-The story of someone who can talk to cooked pasta and has all sorts of interesting conversations about life, romance and philosophy with pasta dishes he makes as he sits down at the dining table, but unfortunately he must part with every one of his friends either by eating them or leaving them out to rot (which is less economically viable so he usually eats them)
(Sticking them in the fridge kills them too).
(MC doesn't have to be a 'he', of course.)

-Famous chemical reactions with anthromorphic representations of the elements (Substitution reactions are NTR)

-A famous chess match, and every piece is personified with a distinct personality and the narration is kind of Baccano-style following different pieces (/a/ seemed to like this idea when I brought it up in a thread) (This will need a whole load of character art, though)

Thoughts?

(For the record, I like options 4 and 5 the best)
Zinc
Zinc

Back to top Go down

On a more realistic note.txt Empty Re: On a more realistic note.txt

Post  Zinc Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:30 pm

"I-I like magical girls with DEEP endings..."
-Immabear

MAGICAL GIRL CANDYFLOSS KALASHNIKOV-CHAN
-A moe romance grimdark vn idea-

We have two main characters, and the narration switches between them.
MC1 is Magical Girl Candyfloss Kalashnikov-chan, AKA Nika-chan. (Or Kala-chan or AK-chan, whichever suits your tastes). About 15 years old. She's a famous loli magical girl who flies around protecting the city. She's sort of like the equivalent of Superman as a public figure.
She has magic, but none of it is offensive-type, which is why her main weapon is the Kalashnikov Automatic Rifle, 1947 Model.
She has twintails.
Personality-wise, she's exactly the magical girl archetype as you would imagine it. In public, at least. Internal narrative suggests she's a lot more down-to-earth and only puts on that front because it's what the public expects of a magical girl.
Her secret identity is an ordinary schoolgirl shy librarian - because she devoted her time to saving the world from an early age, she's not good at social interaction and so has few, if any, friends.
Her mascot is a talking rabbit that she keeps on her head.

Then we have our second main character, let's call him Cyrus Lexington, about 16-19 years old.
He's unnaturally smart (but not genius-level), and has good street smarts and a sharp intuition for puzzles. This has led him to start his own private investigation business which does decently well (the main thing holding him back is that most people won't take someone as young as him seriously).
A lolicon, but smart enough to keep that to himself and never act on it.

So, here's a basic plot. We can add in stuff like flashbacks and slice of life later (A flashback showing how Nika-chan gets her magic would be nice), but here's an outline.

-Introduce both MCs
-Cyrus takes on a suspicious case, which leads him into the middle of an organised crime ring. Just as he's about to be killed, Nika-chan breaks in and saves him.
-It's revealed she didn't break in to save him, rather that she was looking for something. In the resulting events she finds what she's looking for (while gunning down the gang members) and also drops some sort of clue that makes Cyrus suspicious.
-A few days later, Cyrus realises that because she let her tongue slip in revealing something, he can actually track her down and find her secret identity. He does exactly that and figures out who she is.
-He waits for her outside her school and greets her.
"Afternoon, Kalashnikov-chan. (☞゚∀゚)☞ "
"(;゚д゚) ・・・"
She grabs him and runs off somewhere private since her secret identity is at risk.
She asks what he wants, and he says:
"Kalashnikov-chan, when I saw you in person a few days ago, I thought you were beautiful. Please go out with me."
>Panic, etc
After a mix of charming moves and incredible bluntness from Cyrus ("Well, as it is now, everyone else in your school just thinks you're an antisocial recluse, so really, this is the only offer you're likely to get from anyone.") she decides to accept because she is kind of lonely.
-He says he wants to help her, but acknowledges he'll only get in the way on the field, so they agree to meet up for a date every evening where they discuss things. It could just be normal conversation, or strategy and tactics, depending on the situation.
-She reveals she's looking for three ancient artifacts that control the elements or stuff, (cause every magical girl needs to collect something) and she already found the first one when she saved him.
-A few slice of life moe romance days until she reveals she's located the second artifact and it might be better to go as a civilian so she doesn't attract attention because she doesn't anticipate a fight. Cyrus says he knows the area and offers to go with her.
-They go and search for it, but halfway, suddenly a DARK MAGICAL GIRL appears, who is also hunting for the artifacts. Kalashnikov-chan transforms and fights her, and after an epic struggle, the dark magical girl wins and takes the artifact and flies away.
Nika-chan comments that she sensed a lot of sadness and pain from her opponent, and wants to become her friend.
-On the news the next day:
The military managed to corner the dark magical girl, brought her down with tear gas, and shot her full of bullets (because she was a threat to the city). Nika-chan goes to pick up the second artifact and finds it's covered in bloodstains.

And then...

I have no idea where to go from there.
Zinc
Zinc

Back to top Go down

Post  dlpa Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:10 pm

And then a certain steward from a nice boat appears!?

useless content:

On a more serious note ...

Honestly the old idea I was not very interested in, but it did not matter all that much to me since I was not participating in story development. I am probably in much the same vein here. Still, I do not really have an opinion about the magical girl premise since it does not seem to have a larger picture / direction to it yet. I do not watch/read material with magic girls in it in the vast majority of cases, but simply the presence of them will not have me automatically think of such a story in a negative light. I guess I will not have much of an opinion until I know what this "deep" part of the story is.

dlpa

Back to top Go down

Post  Zinc Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:13 pm

No idea what the deep part will be - probably just a 'suddenly things take a dark turn' sort of twist. It was mostly an attempt at deconstructing the magical girl genre with some twists, though admittedly I probably don't have enough experience with the genre myself, having only watched Nanoha, Milky Holmes, and Dokuro-chan, along with various parodies.
Even though I typed up all that plot, don't consider it with more weight than any other suggestion.

Yeah, Chrysalis did seem a bit shaky when we were struggling so much to figure out what was going on in the dreams, which was supposed to be the main point of the whole thing.

I think what we need first is a good, interesting premise that we can build a clever (but short) plot upon.

-Maybe some sort of gameshow? A bunch of random contestants who don't know each other come together to star on a show, but then some arbitrary thing goes wrong in an interesting way and they have to cooperate to survive/profit?
-Something closer to home, about an anonymous and his imaginary waifu... told from the POV of the waifu?
-An IRL meetup of online friends, except for some reason they're not allowed to say their online name, and act completely different in person, and everyone needs to find out who's who
-A VN about people trying to make a VN... and a strange serial killer that's killing the team off one by one
-A school club of intellectuals who try and turn absolutely everything into a psychological mind-game against each other (think Layton+Death Note), and a potential romance develops between two of the members amidst the endless discourses of riddles and trolling
-A previously fearsome rogue samurai decides to repent and backtracks across the country he tore apart, fixing everything he cut with his sword with glue.

I think that last idea tells me that it's time to stop for today.
Some other people please contribute ideas as well.

Currently still on the hangover you get after finishing a long story from G-Senjou.
That epilogue... ;_;
Zinc
Zinc

Back to top Go down

Post  dlpa Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:01 pm

On a more unrelated note ...

Currently still on the hangover you get after finishing a long story from G-Senjou.
That epilogue... ;_;

Just got to the ending ...
Spoiler:

Also, happy new year.

dlpa

Back to top Go down

Post  Zinc Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:45 am

..... ;_;
Zinc
Zinc

Back to top Go down